Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A new leaf, hopefully.

Nothing like reading old posts to see what a self-centered prick I am. I guess that's the real beauty of writing; it gives the writer a personal accountability, so in later years you can look back and see how to improve both character and writing ability.

I think I am gonna go back and edit some of these things... maybe delete a few...

I guess while I am writing a post to this old thing, I should mention some of my current opinions... I am not liking how every website or electronic media is becoming consolidated and inter-connected. I don't want to log in once for 10 different sites -- I want different accounts for different things, unconnected, where I can express opinions without worrying that it can actually be traced back to me. Opinions and truths have their own worth, and connecting them to an originator is a form of oppression.

WTF does "absit invidia" mean? Sounds like a crappy graphics card... I don't know what I was thinking when I made this. Maybe I can change it.

So for some real news (more like a progress report), I am getting closer to going abroad again. I would like a few solid years of learning another language before starting grad-school, and the most accessible way that I know of to do that is to teach English. Admittedly, I am far far far behind schedule with regards to my original goals, but when is that ever not the case?

No comments: