Saturday, February 20, 2010

Questions about 1962 Sino-Indian War

Seems most of my free time goes into researching China and what new nefarious activities they are up to, and now I have found a new line of research to keep me occupied for a while.

The 1962 Sino-Indian War is something I think I need to understand to understand China now -- What on earth was the war about? I am wondering if it had something to do with Tibet... in fact, I would bet serious money it had a lot to do with Tibet.

Has anyone else noticed that the attack date of October 20, 1962, is right on top of the Cuban missile crisis? Its just a couple days after the Cuban Missile Crisis began. This, without further research, indicates to me that it was timed, and that maybe Russia played a hand in the Sino-Indian War -- Did Russia orchestrate the two simultaneous events with the goal of bringing India more directly under Soviet control? I know that India at the time had a strong leaning toward communism, but wasn't really towing the Party-line; maybe the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis had more to do with India than Cuba...

I will research this, but hopefully I can restrain myself for a couple of days, as I have a test in Intermediate Microeconomics on Monday, which I really really really need to study for. If anyone happens to know more on the subject, feel free to post and tell me about it. :)

1 comment:

David said...

me here, just thinking... this is probably all really old-hat to any history-junky. Oh well, I am learning it now...